Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
jd1

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992

Was in the local shop and picked up a few of the new Vintage line from Rocky Patel, along with one of the new Perdomo Edicion de Silvio (review posted).

I tried the Vintage 1992. After running this one under the proboscis my expectations were very high. It was enticing to say the least and I immediatlely snipped with my SAK and began toasting the foot and setting it afire (or afar..take your pick).

The ash held on up to 1.5 inch and was dark gray in color. Burn and draw were very good but it seemed a little "wet" out of the store so I've been letting it sit for about a week at my preferred 68% humidity. Although the wrapper on this smoke may be of a 1992 vintage, the blend inside really needs to marry with it a little longer. The flavor is nice and full bodied but I feel this is really going to open up after about 6 months or more. With about two inches left on the nub, it began to get hot and burn a little on the lips--to me this is a testament to its youth. I will get a 10-pack of these to put down until next summer and try again. Overall, I'd give it 7 out of 10.

jd1 is offline   Reply With Quote