Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Stevo
Club Member

March 20, 2011:1st Annual Smoke em if you got em - all invited...

Time: March 20th - the first day of Spring!
Place: Where-ever you happen to be.
Reason: It seemed like a good idea.

See this thread:

http://forums.cigarweekly.com/showthread.php?t=164167

The idea as that we take this day as an opportunity to smoke the cigar that we may not ever smoke or just can't bring ourselves to smoke. If you've got it, smoke it.

Get back on the site and post your comments, feelings, whatever. It's like a giant Herf you can do on your own.

Last edited by TommyBB; 03-15-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Well now, looky here. Stevo, cutting edge Brother, cutting edge. It seems General Cigar and Team La Gloria Cubana have the same idea you do. But like we've done quite a few times in recent years, we are AHEAD of our competition. With our "Smoke 'em If You Got 'Em Virtual Herf this coming Sunday, we at CW will have a leg up on the competition

Seriously, though, this sounds like fun, and may be a great way to learn about this new line from La Gloria. See the press release, below, from Victoria McKee at General
Quote:
SERIE N DAY MARKS FIRST VIRTUAL CIGAR TASTING

Richmond, VA—Team La Gloria Cubana® has designated Friday March 25, 2011 as Serie N® Day and will commemorate the occasion with the premium cigar category’s first-ever national virtual cigar tasting which will be broadcast on www.lagloriacigars.com/serien.

On March 25, 2011, Team La Gloria members Michael Giannini (director of marketing), Rick Rodriguez (cigar master in training), Yuri Guillen (director of manufacturing) and Leo Peraza (master cigar maker) will host a virtual tasting broadcast from the El Credito Cigar Factory in Miami’s Little Havana district. Live streaming video of the tasting will be available beginning at 6:00 PM (EDT) on the Team La Gloria website and will continue throughout the evening, with additional interactive broadcasts featuring Serie N Day retail events at 6:00 PM Central and 6:00 PM Pacific.

Select Serie N retailers across the U.S. will participate in a live, open forum chat on Skype which will be part of the virtual broadcast. Participants watching live on the website will be able to communicate directly with Team La Gloria members and with fellow Serie N enthusiasts through tweets and Facebook updates which will be addressed by Team La Gloria members during the broadcasts.

Director of Marketing Michael Giannini commented, “Serie N is a very unique cigar, both in taste and appearance, so we created an innovative event to capitalize on the buzz that’s been generated for the product within the digital media space. By including the retail community and in welcoming questions and comments from our existing consumers and those who may be enjoying the product for the first time, we will be able to ride the groundswell by capturing increased interest in the product.”

To get in on the excitement surrounding Serie N cigars, consumers of legal smoking age are invited to pick up the March issue of Cigar Aficionado which contains a coupon for a free Serie N cigar, redeemable by accessing the list of participating cigar retail shops across the U.S. available on the Team La Gloria website: www.lagloriacigars.com.

Leading up to Serie N day, Serie N social media promotions will take place on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/teamlagloria), Twitter (www.twitter.com/lagloriacigars), YouTube and the Team La Gloria site. Detailed information about these promotions can be found on the “promotions” section of the Team La Gloria website

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm going to get started in a couple of hours. Still haven't decided what to smoke. But I just realized that I need a better variety of cigars.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.

Last edited by Rob G; 03-20-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Smoked a romeo y julietta reserva real minuto petite, had a snac and I'm in the middle of a fonseca vintage collection robusto. Nice day to herf with u boys and girls....
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
bsslack
Herf Meister

I too liked this Idea.

Saving smokes for a rainy day is good, but Enjoying Them is Better!

I'm halfway through a Arturo Fuente Opus X Gran AniverXario Natural, right now.
These are rare and not cheap, but Oh So Good. It has surpassed my expectations and I'm glad I did not wait to enjoy it. Of course now I'll Have to save the Last One for an appropriate occasion.

Sooo, good. It's a mouth watering experience with Pepper and also Sweet Spice. Perfect Burn and several transitions so far.

Gotta get back to it!

This was a Great Idea!

BTW- It's raining right now so I'm off the Hook!

Cheers!

slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
mcmoyer
Club Member

I had a Padron Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro that had been in the humidor for a spell, was gifted to me by a BOTL. I've been looking at it everytime I get another cigar out & thinking "one day...". Well, today was the day.

I went at it with no distractions other than a magazine & glass of tea. A very smooth smoking cigar that produced a ton of thick, rich smoke. Outstanding burn & draw, wonderful aroma. Smoked it down to a little nub and was very sorry to see it go. They're expensive (~$26) but I might just buy another to look at for awhile and anticipate another fine day.

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
“Don’t talk to me about naval tradition. It’s nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.” - Sir Winston Churchill

GFDS
mcmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
dz130
Herf Meister

I had a Tatuaje Black that was gifted to me. Very nice, and burned razor sharp.

Too bad it was only about 40 and overcast.

I can't wait for next year.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
KatDad
Herf God

I smoked one of the Alec Bradley Native Cameroons that I've had for years. One of the old tri-pressed sticks. With very yellow cello, it was about 6 1/2 inches in length and I would guess about 42 to 45 ring gauge but it's hard to tell with the tri-press but roughly a lonsdale. Very straight burn and plenty of that sweet spice that really comes out from the cameroon wrapper in that format.

Very nice smoke, but truth be told it might have been a little past its prime. It may be possible to over age a NC. Still, a very enjoyable smoke.

Great idea Stevo!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Gorgeous day here in Texas...upper 70's, sunny, breezy.

Hauled out my second habano of the year for today's event, a 2002 PSD#4 from the best box of these I've ever had. One word: epic. /5

I think I have 7 left from that box. Special occasion cigars, for sure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Stevo
Club Member

I'm glad to see folks enjoying smokes in the spirit in which this idea came.

I ended up smoking a Partagas Limited Reserve 150 Decadas or something like that.

It had been at the bottom of my humidor for like 6 years since I picked it up for entirely too much money on a trip home to Boston.

The smoke was just ok, but I was happy to do it. I'm going to start burning through some of my Opus too. If only today had been like yesterday...

I'm gonna give myself props though, this was a good idea!