Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Nat Sherman Timeless Robusto

Wrapper and foot smell mostly of cured tobacco with something else I can't quite identify. Cut is perfect and though the bunch was a bit firm the draw is excellent.

The initial draw is somewhat light and airy, but develops into a full draw with plenty of smoke. It was too late for coffee, so I chose a Shiner Wicked Ram IPA. I am not disappointed. The hoppiness of the beer matches nicely with the fullness of the cigar. A good stout would have also been a good choice.

Although strong, the cigar is very smooth, almost velvety on the exhale, with a nice cool body. The ash is medium grey and quite solid, and the burn is perfect, and flat when ashed.

The flavors are mostly well cured tobacco with some side notes I have yet to identify. The overall taste is very pleasant and isn't really what I would consider one dimensional. The blender really knew what he was doing.

A bit of spice picks up in the nose as the cigar passes into the second third; not simple pepper but notes of cinnamon and nutmeg, quite a flavorful mixture. The coolness of the smoke at this point with no purging is both surprising and most welcome. This is definitely a sit back and relax cigar.

The volume of the smoke lends itself well to smoking the cigar slowly, another reason it is burning so cool.

At the 2/3 mark the cigar remains a joy to smoke if a bit warmer. Purging lightly brings back the wonderful flavors.

The Nat Sherman Timeless is definitely a great cigar to kick back and relax with. The construction is flawless and the flavors, while wonderful, are not challenging to the point that you have to put it down and take a break. It may be considered "middle of the road" by some, but what a glorious middle it is. 9.75/10, Joe Bob says definitely check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote