Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

My Blog

I know, everyone has one...

Mine's haveacigarblog over at Wordpress.

I bring this up because we haven't had a discussion on today's topic in quite some time: where to smoke.

If you're like me and neither smoke in the house nor have the disposable income to convert the garage or basement into a "man cave," the weather is eventually going to force you to find a place to smoke. Fortunately for me, there are several in San Antonio.

Starting with the "elephant in the room," The Humidor (Now Club Humidor) has a shop downtown in the Menger Hotel, the flagship store on San Pedro Avenue, A location at the Shops at Stone Oak, a very nice store at Huebner and Vance Jackson, and the store on Thousand Oaks, my personal choice on most occasions as is it closest to the house. Run for years by the Rumbo family, the Humidor is a great example of a brick-and-mortar cigar store.

Another San Antonio cigar institution, Finck Cigars, maintains a store with various smoking areas at the corner of West Avenue and Loop 410, a midtown location near Broadway and Mulberry, and a store on Bandera Rd. outside Loop 1604. The original Finck factory on the southside is still producing Travis Club cigars.

Redland Cigar Company might be a bit hard to find, but it is worth finding, with the largest smoking lounge in the city. A good selection of cigars and a friendly staff (and the fact that it is also quite close to home) make this another favorite.

Cigar Pointe on Blanco Rd. outside Loop 1604 is a fairly modest but well-run shop with a good selection and a smoking room in the back.

If you live near Randolph Air Base, MAM'S is the perfect place for you to smoke. Just a few blocks from the gate of the base off of Pat Booker Road, Marshall and his crew will make you feel quite welcome and they do a good job of keeping a respectable stock of cigars in the humidor.

Downtown on the Riverwalk is Swig, originally a cigar and martini bar, but mostly just a martini bar now due to city ordinances, although they do have a nice outdoor seating area when the weather is right.

I feel (know) I have left someone off of this list. If so, please realize it was not on purpose and feel free to leave a comment mentioning your location.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote