Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

FFOX Forbidden-X Lost City Piramid Review

At long last We come to it. I have been waiting semi patiently to enjoy and review this interesting cigar. The time appears to be at hand.

CIGAR: FFOX Forbidden-X Lost City Piramid, Ltd Edition cigar made from tobacco grown in 2004.

SIZE: A healthy sized Piramid 6 3/8 x 52, this example hits those numbers exactly.

APPEARANCE: Well, one first notices the Forbidden X Band and then the smaller Lost City Band directly below. The Wrapper is a Dark Mocha color, with a slight sheen to it. The Bands are slightly off center. How, might You ask do I know that the Bands are off center if it is a round cigar? A fair question, says's I. Actually, there is 'just the slightest' of Box Presses on this cigar, thereby making the Band orientation important. The Bands and the deep Chocolate Wrapper make for a very Striking Visual.

CONSTRUCTION: This Piramide has a slightly wobbly circumference in a couple of sections. It is very veiny, however as this is off schedule tobacco I would expect some variances from stock FFOX Wrapper. The Cap extends over an inch from the Head. The fill seems solid with not much give along the entire length. A tidy job all in all.

PAIRING: Sunday afternoon on a rainy day, I've need of something Tropical to warm me Cockle's. Sailor Jerry is at the Helm, "Prepare Yer Main sails if You please."

Pre-LIGHT: I clip off roughly 3/8" and test the draw. Good flow detected and a nice light spice/tobacco taste on that drawing breeze. The toasting of the foot brings out the Barnyard and soil, neither are bad, just different from Opus of the past. "Clear Water to Port Cap'n!"

IGNITION: "Set Your Primers lads, We're in for it now!" Well, that's about enough of that, let's light this good looking smoke and see what She's got for Us. Once the big foot is glowing properly, the first flavors of the day appear. There is a dry Cinnamon and peat primarily and a slightly off taste I have not yet identified. less than an inch in and it is canoeing slightly, I clip the Head to open up the draw. Really not much positive to talk about here. The smoke is becoming Harsh to the point of making my throat scratchy. The bitterness seems to be the only profile on the move. The clip has helped the burn correct, but that's about it. While I give it a rest I remove both bands, they slide right off. Unfortunately they both took pieces of the Wrapper with them. So there is now two sizable holes in the wrapper. At this point that should not matter much, if she does not turn around soon, she's Yard Fodder.

Well, that's it. Out of desperation, I tried cutting an inch off the front and a half off the back and there's no way around it. This one is unsmokeable. What a complete waste. I mean less than two inches in and I have to throw it out.

CLOSING THOUGHTS: Here We go......enter the nay sayers and whatnot. It's too bad, that's all I can say, just too bad.

Nary a Cheer

slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote