Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
1 Leg Lance

Shapely and curvy but meh to me...Cuaba Generosa Aug 08

There are cigars you enjoy looking at, cigars you enjoy smoking and cigars that are butt ugly and still taste great.
This stick is the kind that is fun to look at, easy to light of course but for me just sort of meh..as in...I know lots of people who would like this, it ain't bad, but it just doesn't get me excited.

This is some of the last sticks I have out of a Aug 08 box and while I can appreciate why folks like these I just have not felt the urge to order any more.

Pre-light impression:
Neat shape and something that takes a skilled roller to produce. Firm but smooth draw. One of the only cigars (figurados that is) where I use a cutter vs my pocket knife.
Great wrapper leaf with no thick veins, nice oil sheen and easy to hold on to.

Early impression:
Of course stupid easy to light with the tiny foot but at the same time you feel like to have to baby it along to make sure the foot keeps going. Not much taste early on as the cigar has to go aways before you are burning any real tobacco.
Mild, mellow, a hint of spices/flavors but nothing jumps out at me.

Mid point impression:
This particular cigar doesn't seem to want to burn evenly, granted it is a humid evening but all in all the burn is ok. It is just that the flavors don't really pick up, they are there, just too mellow and without anything I can really name/enjoy.

End point impression:
The interesting thing about figurados like this is that because they taper to a smaller size as you smoke the build up of flavors that a parejo (straight sided cigar) has just isn't there. And that is a shame in this case as I would like a bit more from these.

After thoughts:
Lots of people are fans of Cuabas that I can understand why, mellow, mild and nothing to hurt you. Maybe I got a bad box, maybe I just don't have a refined sense of taste (I admit to a bit of that) but these just don't turn me on.

Last edited by 1 Leg Lance; 03-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.
1 Leg Lance is offline   Reply With Quote