Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #36
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Everybody do themselves a favor and look for the DVD that documents the making of Dark Side of the Moon.

They go through each song, one by one, and each band member talks about that song and how they did it and how it developed. Extremely interesting.

Alan Parsons also demonstrates songs track-by-track, stripping out the effects and showing how they had to do the stuff manually since they didn't have the luxury of computers to automatically mix the music.

How they got all the clocks to strike at once during "Time" was interesting alone.

After watching this documentary, I concur with "genius."

I don't know how anybody can say they just did what had already been done before. Taking a song in 7/8 time and in the middle of it going to 4/4?
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote