Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
MonkeyK

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #3

wk_mang sent me this as part of a trade when I asked for some boxes (and the boxes definitely improve my coolers resistance to fluctuations in RH )

I lit it up and it was like a barbque. Lots of very spicy smoke; spicy but smooth that is. After a little while, the cigar mellowed out to a mild slightly sweet. Still favorful, but subdued, giving my taste buds a rest...
And then slowly it eased its power back up for me. As it got stronger, the flavor evolved within the spicy. Like a sampling of smoked hardwoods in the barbecue.

From spicy to mild to spicy, always lots of thick smoke. I was amazed that it stayed so smooth (And that it didn't kick my ass)

Burnwise, this cigar seemed eager to please. I suck at lighting and before I knew it I had nearly 1/4 inch of ash on one side with nothing on the other, but it was like the cigar said "let me get that for you" and proceeded to correct my problem. It burned very even the rest of the way through. It is also is the first cigar that I've smoked that didn't go out on me before I was done. (though that could be because my cooler is stabalized at 65% RH now)

This cigar was the perfect size for me. Smoked about 3.5 inches in 40 minutes. As it put itself out just as I had about all I could handle, I had to ask myself if I was smoking the cigar or it was smoking me.

I really enjoyed this cigar and look forward to the other AF cigars that Wade sent!

Thanks Wade!
MonkeyK is offline   Reply With Quote