Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2002, 02:37 PM   #1
decasere
Club Member

Petersons Sunset Breeze

Description: This excellent mixture is a blend of first choice Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish. A promise for a unique smoking experience, which is crowned by a wonderful Amaretto aroma that also enjoyment to the smokers' surroundings.

I was almost bowled over by the strong amaretto flavor in this one, the aroma of the tobaccos is almost non existant, but the virginia musty-sweet is there as well as a bit of the burly soapyness.

The tobacco is a multicolored feast for the eyes very bright almost orange pieces, it is not wet by aromatic standards, but a bit moist, i packed it a bit loosely to compensate for the wetness. I tried thios in one of my dedicated virginia pipes, which i hope i dont regret a nice natural 1/8 th bent dublin.

The initial flavor upon char is that of virginia, and not ameretto atr all, but upon relight it did take on a light amaretto flavor which lingerd for the first half of the bowl, the second half was mostly the virginia flavor which i found enjoyable. My wife REALLY enjoyed this blend, which was the reason i got it in the first place anyway.

As far as aromatics go it was excellent, and for the wife pleaseing factor i give this a 3.5 out of 5. and a 4.5 out of 5 on the aromatic scale.

"...fly you fools!"