Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #40
JustPassingBy
Club Member

ah, the nectar of the gods. I started with a popcorn machine and a french press with a whirly blade, now I'm still using the popcorn machine but I bought a variac. I've also upgraded to a mazzer mini(god like) and an expobar pulsar(excellent machine)

good coffee is expensive

I bought 10lbs of kenya lot #54 peaberry at SM, roasted about 10-15 sec into 2nd crack, this stuff has been hands down the best coffee I've ever had. Earthy with a good balanced acidity that lends to a great mouth feel with no bitterness, simply amazing. Some of the coffee coming out of that country is amazing imho.

My subjective tasting comes from double shots and americanos, if I was roasting for a french press or drip I would probably roast it till just a smidge shy of second crack, but I havent so I'd have to experiment.
JustPassingBy is offline   Reply With Quote