Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #10
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Gumby -

Use the recipe for pecan pie on the back of the Karo dark label, but sub a chocolate liqueur for the vanilla and make the pecans and chocolate chips 50/50.

Bake it in an oreo crust and you've found Valhalla. Still good in a regular crust, but the oreo or graham crust makes it oh so better. More like a tart than a pie.

In case it makes any difference to your adult palate, Godiva liqueur is the best. Creme de cacao can be substituted.
After that you can play even more if you wish. I like to add Cayenne to wake up the ole tasters a bit, maybe dry Cocoa to deepen the chocolate. Espresso powder, Bittersweet morsels etc. It is a fun pie to play with and it is hard to make a bad one.

J.