Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Spectre Toro

From time to time I find a cigar in my cabinet that I really have no idea about (read: no preconceived notions). It' kind of like a blind review while knowing a bit about the cigar. The following is such.

I currently know nothing about this cigar except that it has a good bunch and smells a lot like my favorite pipe tobacco. The initial puffs also taste like pipe tobacco. I guess I need to look this one up.

Tonight's beer is a Real Ale Commissar from just up the raod in Blanco, TX, and a very good match for a darker cigar.

Just did some reading on this cigar, and of course I love it. Blended and produced by AJ Fernandez (one of my favorite superstars in the industry) using Latakia (perhaps my favorite pipe tobacco at this point), how could I not love this cigar. The smoky smooth notes of the Latakia round out the flavor of the cigar without overwhelming it. I can see a lot of room in one of my humidors (if not a whole new humidor) to make room for these gems.

Now, as I rant and rave about this cigar, some might ask, "But what if I don't like Latakia?" Fair enough. Just don't buy them so I can have more. I am mostly kidding, but honestly why take up humidor space with cigars you don't enjoy?

The burn on the cigar is, as you might expect for an AJ Fernandez product to be nothing short of perfect. Copious amounts of delicious smoke accompany every puff.

One slight "quibble" I have with the cigar is it's 60 ring, but that's a personal thing as I prefer coronas, Lonsdales and lanceros.

The cigar keeps improving, now tasting more like a cigar than a pipe, but still a cigar made with some of my favorite pipe tobacco.

I would recommend this cigar to anyone who is considering a pipe to complement their cigar smoking; it will give you a good "base" pipe tobacco flavor to help you decide. If you're already a pipe smoker, grab some of these and you won't have to clean your pipe when you're done.

"But Joe Bob," you say, "is it complex like a truly good cigar?" If you already smoke a pipe, you'll know. Think of all of the different tobaccos that go into a pipe tobacco blend; the Latakias, the Periques, the Orientals, the Virginias, etc. This cigar has all of the complexity of a good pipe tobacco blend. And, like I said before, there's no pipe to clean when you're done.

Now, I get that this cigar will not please everyone, but it's definitely carved out a niche for the right person. As a smoker of both pipes and cigars, and considering I would prefer a smaller ring gauge, I am going to give this one 9.75/10. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote