Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
gui_tarzan
Herf God

Mid-life crisis - looking for a coffee sampler

Well, I went and got obsessed about yet one more thing - coffee. I have never, ever been a coffee drinker but 2009 sort of kicked me in the butt and I decided it was time to start doing things I have been curious about for a long time but was ignoring or putting off for whatever reason. I have a full-size Mr. Coffee for when family comes around because they like their coffee. But we have never been coffee drinkers so the only time it ever came out was during holidays.

I picked up a few small pouches of "gourmet" coffee to try recently and I purchased a four-cup brewer just the other day and made a "breakfast blend" which was actually pretty good. But I know there is a whole world (literally) of high quality coffee out there and I'm finally ready to try it. I'm looking for a sampler of several different types of coffee, small quantities of each please. I'd be willing to spend a few bucks (or swap for a handful of decent cigars) for a variety sampler but I don't want 1lb bags like the stores want to sell you until I find something I like.

I don't have a roaster or a press, I just have a simple Mr. Coffee style maker so that's what I have to work with. I know I won't get the best of the best unless I roast and grind my own, that much I've learned, but I also know I wouldn't know the difference at this point so there's that too. I do know I don't want what the grocery store sells as mainstream coffees.

Any suggestions? The local Starbucks and Biggby shops only carry 1lb or more bags. No samplers. Oh, and I'm not looking for flavored coffee either. No vanilla, hazelnut, etc., just plain, good coffee.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote