Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #11
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'd be interested in watching this as well. It's also available on YouTube Premium and Amazon Prime, but there is a fee of $3.99. I pay a subscription for both and I think it's ridiculous that in addition to the subscription that they want to charge me more. I refuse to pay it. R E F U S E ! ! !

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #12
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

BOOM!

I just checked my local library and it's available on DVD for FREE. I just reserved it. Screw you Amazon Prime and YouTube Premium.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
roadhawg
Contributing Editor

Highly recommend the Bourbon Trail. We spent several days on the trail and hit about 10 - 12 distilleries. We have two more on the "official" trail to get our remaining passport stamps and the T-shirts (I'm a sucker for that stuff). Next on the list when we are in the area are the stops on the Craft Bourbon Trail. Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #14
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I noticed that Amazon is showing Atlas Shrugged this month. I watched parts one and two and was looking for part 3. When I searched for it by name, it wanted to rent it to me for $4. Looking through the "related titles" I found it included in Prime.

The point being that sometimes they push the rental option when the same title is otherwise available.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #15
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I searched Amazon. Neat: The Story of Bourbon is only available for purchase. But I'll be watching the DVD for free. Probably this weekend.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #16
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I picked this up at the library several weeks ago, but I kept delaying watching it. It seemed there was always something better to watch than a documentary. Tonight I had planned to watch the NFL game, but I discovered that there is no game tonight. I was trying to decide what to watch when I saw this DVD sitting there. So I popped it in.

I was smoking a HDM and drinking a Dr. Pepper and about 10 minutes in I hit pause, grabbed a whisky glass and poured myself some Jim Beam. This was not a movie that could be properly watched drinking Dr. Pepper.

This was an excellent movie. Excellent. I encourage anyone, even if bourbon is not your thing, to check it out. NEAT provides so much information and presents it in such a way that it draws you in. Bourbon becomes almost a symbol of patriotism. It was great. And, as I am a fan of Steve Zahn, I enjoyed his few small clips.

I also learned a great way to determine how much water, if any, I should use with my bourbon. One of the experts, I forget his name, describes how you should put water in your mouth and then sip some bourbon. Keep doing that, reducing the amount of the water until you drink only bourbon. Then decide which amount of water works best for you. As he said, there is no right or wrong. It's a matter of taste.

Anyway, thanks for posting about this movie, Jason. I really liked it.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:27 AM   #17
macsauce13
Club Member

Steve Zahn is a Lexington native. I see him around pretty regularly. His wife operates a local theater if I'm not mistaken.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
Steve Zahn is a Lexington native. I see him around pretty regularly. His wife operates a local theater if I'm not mistaken.
Oh wow! Can you get him to sign a Saving Silverman poster? I love that movie.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #19
mrdiver
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
Bourbon becomes almost a symbol of patriotism.
Almost? You mean it's not already?
mrdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #20
macsauce13
Club Member

I’m just realizing I know the folks that made this film. Not well, but we have a bunch of mutual friends. Small world!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote