Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
moob
Herf Meister

Montecristo Platinum toro

not really a review but some impressions from this smoke that was part of the sign-up-for-cigar-magazine-deal at JRs.

A well made cigar, with small veins and a toothy wrapper. The foot had a coffee and cream swirl to it. This cigar has a perfect draw and burn. but its mild.

its really mild.

If you like mild smokes this one has it all - a ten.

after smoking it down it occured to me that it tasted an awful lot like a classic big guage RyJ - that earthy flavor. I wondered if that was a signature flavor for altadis.

I had no problem finishing this cigar and it eventually built in body ... coating my throat at the end.

I dunno.. I guess I was expecting something else. But don't consider me an ingrate, signing up for the subscription and having the chance to smoke this stick was good. But I am not sure I would buy a box of these. I like mild to medium smokes but for 160 bucks I'd just assume buy a macanudo or something.