Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Jose Blanco Webcast - Contest!

So I figured I'd put all the details here in one post.

How the contest works -

Each person who registered to watch and checked the "Yes" box for entering the contest is given an entry, provided they watched more than 10 minutes of the webcast. I understand it's long, but no points for just registering.

If those users are also CW forums members with 1 or more posts of quality (and I'll offer up to other CW members to judge anything that's IMHO NOT quality and accept or reject those...) get a second entry.

Not to encourage new member participation in our little community, if they have 10 or more posts, they get a 3rd entry. Existing FOGS are not qualified for this, sorry guys.

The contest now officially closes midnight SUNDAY EST 23 November. I decided to extend this due to a recent rush of registrations.

The prizes, in no particular order:

1 winner gets a the hat/golf prize pack from Blue Havana II
3 winners get the tasting cigar. re-watch and taste along with us!
4 winners get a choice of either - 5 pack of Senorial cigars or Senorial polo. The polo's are mens sizes. tag says XXL, but it's an XL.
3 winners get a beautiful Senorial Scarf

Nice swag!!
Many thanks to Jose for his knowledge, his permission to webcast the event, and the fantastic prizes.

Make sure you've registered and watched the webcast!!
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!

Last edited by BigJohn; 11-20-2014 at 07:28 PM.
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I am emailing all the entrants today. Any bounced emails will be excluded from the final drawing.
The drawing will be done with a random number generator tomorrow.
If you are notified that you won the 'five pack or Shirt" those shirts and 5 packs will go will go first come first served - there are 2 of each - email back your choice ASAP.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

The emails are sent. The body of the email is this:
Here's how we do this:

Every person who selected the "contest entry = YES" option on the registration, and who watched the video, was given 1 'ticket'.

Every person who met the criteria above, but was also a cigarweekly.com forums member got 1 bonus ticket.

These tickets are assigned number, from a random generated sequence list.

Upon confirmation that your email address is valid, your ticket(s) will be included in the drawing. The drawing will use a random number generator from random.org to pull the winners.

Winners who are selected the "cigar 5 pack OR shirt" get to pick 1 or the other, and, because there are 4 such prizes (2 5 packs and 2 shirts), first reply gets their pick.

Because entrants are given 'tickets' randomly for fairness, the prizes will be pulled in the following random order:
tasting cigar
polo/5pk
scarf
blue havana prize
polo/5pk
scarf
polo/5pk
polo/5pk
tasting cigar
scarf
tasting cigar

The random drawing will be run using a list generator on Random.org later today.

I'm paying the postage to ship these all - so guys and gals, please use my amazon.com link this holiday season!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

got the email, and an email, and maybe another email! and still I haven't won a thing!

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

wise guy~!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Cool contest

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Oh, and due to the 'ticket' nature of the entries, it is possible - though not likely - that a person may win 2 prizes.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #8
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
wise guy~!

nah. smart ass. get it right!

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #9
spiridon
Herf God

Got my email! Great contest, thanks for putting this together!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #10
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Passed out last night after helping wife prep turkey, bake pie, etc. (there was bourbon, baileys and coffee, etc. involved...)

So the drawing happened NOW.
If you won one of the "5pack or polo" prizes, you'll get an email tonight To be as fair as humanly possible on this holiday, I'm aware some may be traveling and away from computer, so I'll send that email out later - probably 10pm EST.
Again, those go first come - first served.

Thanks everyone.
Remember, if you win the tasting cigar, smoke it along with the recording!

The recording is open for registration and replay through the end of the year.
After that, I'll have it available here on the forums only.

Thanks everyone, and happy Thanksgiving.

John