Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Tommy below is a link to some info on Heartfelt's site. On the left hand side towards the bottom of the links there is a "Help" link with FAQ and Tutorials.

Bead Info

Here is what I currently use to charge my beads with which I recently purchased from Heartfelt. It works great for charging the beads in the tubes.

Syringe

I used to use a small bottle with a pointed tip which held about 4 to 5 times as much water that worked great as well (also bought from Heartfelt).

I have the 2000 tube and if it was completely dry I would probably need to add about 30-35 milliliters of distilled water to charge it, maybe a little more than that. Now that mine is in use, when it gets to the point that I need to add water I usually add about 15-20 milliliters to re-charge the beads. The tube I have holds quite a bit more beads so the amounts of water you would need to use would probably be less.

Anything with a small or fine tip is best but the water can be added in any manner. The slower that you can add the water the better. You could probably pick up a small syringe at the drug store. The type that would normally be used for giving babies and small children liquid medicines orally. I have seen them on the shelf at our local drug store. Adding water to dry beads very quickly can sometimes cause the beads to crack. They will still work and do their job but will have cracked.

Basically you need to add water until 60-70% of the beads are clear. When dry they are cloudy and when hydrated they will be clear. It is good to leave some beads dry so that if there are jumps in ambient humidity, the dry beads can absorb it and keep the humidity in the humidor from climbing to high. Over time as the beads start to become cloudy looking again or your RH drops below 65% just add a small amount of water to recharge them and you should be good for another duration of time.