Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
kevie49

Samuel Gawith Full Virgina Flake

Having enjoyed a variety of Samuel Gawith flake tobaccos I decided to give the Full Virginia a try. After breaking up the flake and giving it some drying time the tobacco burnt well from the get go. A decent smoke output, but certainly not vast plumes.

The tastes from the get go are, as you may expect, a mild-medium note of slightly sweet, Virginia tobacco. After smoking it for a while I detected notes of hay/straw/grass in the aftertaste which proved to be very pleasant.

There are certainly no flavourings or toppings that I could detect which gave a pleasant hour long smoke from a filled bowl. Personally I don't think it has enough in the taste to become my regular pipe tobacco, but it was certainly a very pleasant smoke. If you are the type of pipe smoker that enjoys multiple bowls in the day then I think that this would make a fine early bowl.
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote