Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2002, 11:09 PM   #1
Dr. X

Tonight, after a business dinner meeting, I wanted to light up a "large" smoke. So, looking around I started to think. Something special? A custom rolled smoke from one of the Island's top grade rollers? A rare smoke? Well, after much indecisiveness, I deccided on a Montecristo A. I went to the box, and inspected the suspects. There it was . . . the perfect A -- a nice oily sheen on a perfect wrapper. Well, I poured some Matusalem rum, lit this baby up and got ready for a tremendous experience.

A perfect light, just right. The cigar started out somewhat mild, that first 1/2 inch of just settling in. Then the fun started. This cigar was made perfect. A perfect draw and long and flavorful leaves produced the perfect burn and a long and strong ash.

The flavors kicked in with some sweetness and a complex strength. A little nutty flavor was just barely enough to pick up and identify. This was overshadowed by the spices.

Very gradually, as the smoke progressed, the flavor and strength grew more intense and pronounced. After finishing some more Matusalem, I decided to change gears and move on to some port. Beautiful, just beautiful.

With the sounds of the ocean, and the waves crashing onto the beach, I sat and enjoyed this wonderful cigar.

Enjoy everyone. You only get one ride on the ride called life.

Dr. X
Dr. X is offline   Reply With Quote