Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Blind Review

I smoked the first cigar on Saturday and the second one on Sunday. I had the same experience with both cigars.

Pre-Smoke:
Appearance & Construction
The wrapper was a milk chocolate brown with some small veins within the wrapper. The wrapper was smooth an had a nice tobacco smell. The cap was nicely administered to the cigar with no rough edges. The cigar was firm with out any hard/ soft areas. The pre-light draw didn't give any hint as to what to expect from this cigar. 4 out of 5.

Burn:
The burn was even and never ran or tunneled. Once I tapped off the ash the ash was flat on the end of the cigar. The color of the ash was gray and very solid and firm. 4 out of 5

Draw:
The draw was easy throughout while smoking this cigar. 4 out of 5

Aroma:
To me the aroma was faint, and never biting.

Smoking Comments:
Flavor: I must admit at the start I am a med-full bodied cigar smoker. I found these cigars to be weak on richness and somewhat one dimensional. The strength was mild to medium with a modest flavor profile. There was a woody and earthy flavor profile which I found enjoyable. This cigar was very smooth, but lacked a great deal of flavor. 6 out of 10

Taste/Aftertaste
The aftertaste was faint with a little sweetness noticed on the tongue. The cigar was never bitter and there was never and acidy or burning on the tongue. The light flavor profile never gave forth any harshness or salty taste. 5 out of 10

Summary:
The character of this cigar was agreeable but indifferent at the same time. This cigar just never developed into the type of cigar I enjoyed. When I first saw this cigar I really expected more flavor and strength but that never developed. The body was mild and one dimensional. I kept waiting for the cigar to offer more but it never did. I would say if someone who wants a milder strength cigar this would be a cigar for you. As I said earlier I prefer a med-full to full cigar, so that could be the reason this cigar did not impress me.

Total Score 35
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote