Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
hoagie55
Club Member

New favorite bourbon

As I delve into the world of bourbons, I constantly find myself changing favorites as I try new ones.

Perhaps I should hold off on naming a favorite, but I think that I have now found my true favorite that will remain so for a while at least.

Russel's Reserve from Wild Turkey is the smoothest bourbon that I've tried to date. It is 90 proof - 45% alcohol and is pure Kentucky heaven in a bottle!

I picked up a bottle this past summer and finally gave it a try the other night. It was DELICIOUS! I mentioned how good it was to my wife and the rest of the group as we were drinking it. So, on the way home from my Mom's on Christmas Eve my wife decided that we should stop by and replace the bottle we drank the other night. What a pleasant surprise that was!

I truly am a blessed man! My wife enjoys cigars and she is starting to share my passion somewhat. She has started enjoying beer - this is a BIG change for her. She is encouraging me as I delve into the world of bourbon. She is watching more Bengal's Football as well as Ohio State Football. And one of the best things is she is becoming a die hard University of Kentucky Basketball fan. These are just a few of the many attributes that I love about her. Yeah me!

"You make a living by what you get,
But you make a life by what you give. "
Winston Churchill
hoagie55 is offline   Reply With Quote