Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
George,

My take on the whole "Bucket List" thing, is this, it is something extraordinary that an ordinary person wants to experience before they Die. As such, that's not like a "top ten" or "I recommend" kind of list. It's like a holy grail kind of list and because of that, the list should not be an everyday experience or an average kind of thing. Now for cigars, You want a rare experience, hence a rare, vintage or limited production cigar. Plus, when you find them you are usually only buying one or two, not a Box of them. But, they are by definition special. So, if you spend $30 to a $100 bucks each, on them, that's OK for a truly special event or occasion. It's not something you do every day and so it's a luxury item. Note: Few times in life can you have the very pinnacle of luxury for such a reasonable price, think about that. You can't afford that $500,000 Ferrari or Rolls Royce but You can have the absolute very best of cigars, without breaking the bank. Again it is a rare luxury, but reasonably affordable by most standards. It's like that 36 YO bottle of Single Malt, other rare spirit or an evening out at an five star restaurant. You desire the experience, it is an indulgence. Few of us here can stock the Humidor of our dreams, with vintage high end Cigars. But maybe, Juuust maybe we can have one or two of those Rare Birds for ourselves. Perchance to dip our toes into those heady waters, for just a moment in time, so to speak.

Life is a series of experiences, those experiences become memories. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to make sure you have awesome memories! That's how I look at it, anyway.

So, fill your Damn Bucket!

Cheers!
OK I get it now.

I guess I'd like to try the latest from Steve Saka, his $100 cigar, can't remember the name.
Second I like to smoke the ISOM Monty, never had one but I've heard good things about them.
Next the Partagas Signature Series, heard great things about this one.
I'd also like to try the Davidoff Royal Series Salomons
The Padron 50th Anniversary also comes to mind.
And last but not least the Padron Series 1926 40th Anni

That would be my bucket list.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote