Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
cubano67
Herf Meister

Punch Gran Puro - pico bonito

I am a lame reviewer, admitted, up front. That said, I know what I like and I like this cigar. I was lucky enough to get a few of these today from swchurchillfan (thanks, jon ). I like Punch and keep a few in my humi, and I really enjoyed a Rare Corojo recently, but I had not tried the Grand Puro. I was going to let them sit a while, but being weak, I smoked one this afternoon.

First this is a beautiful, dark cigar; flawless construction (6x50). There was only one notable vein, very smooth and oily.

Prelight was pure chocolate and wood tones. Nice draw, too.

The cigar lit easily and the draw was perfect, nice dense ash and lots of smoke. The burn was perfect all the way down; I didn't have to correct it at all. The smell of the smoke off the tip was exceptionally nice, sweet and woodsy; my wife even commented that it smelled nice.

The taste was pure Honduras (it is a Honduran Puro, after all). I've been smoking Nic's lately and the contrast is striking. The first inch or so was much milder than I expected, creamy and almost sweet. Then it kicked in and over the next inch or two, steadilly got stronger. I smoked it to the nub. About an hour and a half with minor interuptions. The finish was strong and spicy but not at all bitter or acrid. I loved it.

www.cumberlandcigar.com
-----------------------------------
Support Your Local Tobacconist
cubano67 is offline   Reply With Quote