Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #1
mrkmitch
Club Member

Oliva Master Blend

A limited production blend of 375,000 cigars world wide.

Not 'til I pulled the cello off did I realize the light colored flor' de le type monogram was part of this cigars smooth, brown, shiny, lightly veined wrapper and not actually part of the exquisitly detailed cigar band, which is a beauty in itself (maroon and embossed gold with a roiling seascape pictured in the banner). So even unbanded this is a classy looking smoke.

At first tasting there is the expected Oliva flavor experienced with other Oliva's I've tried. Right from the first lighting, this was living up to the promotion of this blend as a full bodied, full flavored Oliva smoke. A tight layered white ash holds strong for the first two inches, until I roll it off into the ashtray. Impeccably constructed with plenty of creamy smooth smoke across the pallet, the mildly spicey and leathery flavor continues to build through the first half of the smoke. The full flavor, with hints of wood and a subtile sweetness, and full bodied smoke is consistant right up to the last finger blistering nub, never developing any harshness or bitter taste.

If you enjoy a full bodied, full falvored smoke, this is the real deal.

Found this smoke at a local shop during a herf promotion for another brand, and was well worth the "extra nickle" to pick a couple of them. The other one is resting quietly in my 'dor awaiting a special moment for me to enjoy it .... maybe tomorrow is special enough (lol). Find one and enjoy it, I know you will.

mrkmitch
mrkmitch is offline   Reply With Quote