Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
ParaGod
Club Member

Montecristo Dbl. Corona EL

I decided to try one today, so I opened the humi and took one out. It had a very nice wrapper, nice even color, no tears or rough spots. This cigar has been resting for about nine months.

I went out on the deck, taking a nice iced espresso with me.

I snipped the end with my trust v-cutter, and was rewarded with a nice even draw, I then toasted the end and took my first taste.

From the beginning, I could tell this was going to be a bold cigar, the first flavors I tasted was spice with subtle floral notes.

After a couple.of draws, I noticed a pool of nicotine gathering around the v-cut. This did not bother me, but I would later regret this.

I stayed out on the deck enjoying this fine cigar for the next hour and thirty minutes, and throughout this time, my cigar only got better. The second third of the cigar changed flavor, now I tasted cedar, and coffee, the latter could have been the iced espresso's.

The last third of the cigar was pretty strong, even for my taste, it became very spicy, with citrus flavor.

Overall I enjoyed the cigar thoroughly, the only downside was that it kicked my ass. I was a bit nauseated and dizzy afterwards. I have not had this problem in quite awhile.

My rating for this cigar is as follows.

Construction 4 out of 5
Appearance 5 out of 5
Flavor 3 out of 5 (due to high nicotine)

Overall 3.75 out of 5

This cigar is not for the beginner, nor for someone who likes mild cigars.

As for me. I will let the rest of my Monte's rest for another couple of years.
ParaGod is offline   Reply With Quote