Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Temshore
Club Member

CAO Black Bengal

The CAO Black line of cigars has become one of my favorites.
Each cigar is individually wrapped in a cedar liner. When you remove the cedar you find a magnificent specimen of cigar construction! The Connecticut shade wrapper is a sight to behold...it is the color and texture of smooth milk chocolate with small-pronounced veins run the length of the cigar. Firmly rolled with just enough give when pinched. Hints of spice tingle the nose upon first sniff. It clipped perfectly with no tears or frays. I toasted the foot and it lit perfectly. The first part of the cigar starts a little on the mild side with the hints of spice pepper starting to fill each draw. At approximately the half waypoint this cigar seems to bloom! The flavor builds and intensifies on each draw but always maintaining a creamy smoothness as the spiciness and complexity increases. By the end of this cigar you are smoking a full/medium-bodied cigar with a lot of pleasant depth and peppery spice that slightly stings the tongue. The burn on every one of these cigars has been razor sharp and never once was it necessary to touch up. This cigar smoked cool and even from start to nub. A beautiful white pepper gray ash held firm up to 1 1/2 inches before I forced it off leaving a perfect burning cone! I did not want it to end but sadly there was no more left to smoke.
I would definitely recommend this cigar. I would give it an 8.75 out of 10
I have just ordered my 4th box...