PDA

View Full Version : I not going to buy anymoe cigars

Hooko
02-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Guys I've got the sickness bad. Yesterday I went out and bought a 150 cigar humi. I alread have a 50 and 75 cigar humy. So what do I do then, I start buying cigars. Before I knew it I'd spent around $250 on cigars alone. I bought some Ashton VSGs, Perdomo2s, a whole lot of LaLunas, Torano Exodus, on and on ..... Am I going crazy or is this just a weird addition I have developed? I can't help myself.... Oh no just remembered wifes out of town what is she going to say when she gets back? Let me think... I'm deep do-do now !!!

mrdiver
02-03-2002, 10:21 AM
I've found that fear of the wife is actually more powerfull then fear of running up the credit cards. Of course, I got around that by getting a locker at my cigar club so wifey wouldn't know about those purchases. However, that sucker's full now too. Now what to do :?: :?:
Welcome to the sickness!

Edited by - mrdiver on 02/03/2002 11:22:20 AM

Smokestack Jack
02-03-2002, 10:22 AM
:lol: :lol: Hooko, have you heard of Cigar Bid? :lol: :lol: My wife is going out of town at the end of the month. I can't wait! I'm going to print out your post and put it on my desk to remind me that when she is gone, I need to exercise my credit! :lol: :lol:

SSJ...I'm good at what I do. What is it that I do again?!!!

sambo
02-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Yep, i started with a 75 count humi 6 months ago. Now I have another 50 count, a tupperdor with about 90 or 100 cigars, antoher 30 cigars coming my way (unless I win a contest here, then I'm in real trouble) and i found a chest that i am going to convert into a Humidor the will hold about 400 cigars. :naughty:

And you know what. :naughty: I'm already looking at how I am going to explain expanding beyond that to my wife. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I don't see it :naughty:

bigbear
02-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Tell her you're just holding them for a friend.

Jimdandee
02-03-2002, 11:17 AM
Hooko,

It's only just starting lad....lolol..talk to me in a year. And YES it is truly a sickness. Anyone who says it aint is a big ole liar. LOL...enjoy the new stuff man..and welcome to the world of wackos. (I'm the king of the wackos too..lol)

tmdeguy
02-03-2002, 02:09 PM
You've just got a slight case of Order Disorder (ODO). ODO isn't terminal until you've got a minimum of 5 cooladors and/or 2 cabinet humidors. After that it's too late to turn back. Welcome to our world! :lol: :lol:

Fire Up Another One!

Pharmr
02-03-2002, 02:52 PM
get in line you whiner!!! :D ..you've got it, I've got it, we all ahve it!!!...but you'll learn to control it...well maybe, I still lose it every once in awhile!!

Şharmr£

Park Bear
02-04-2002, 06:21 AM
Wait until you have over 1,000 and then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.....will be easier to swallow

PB

CW Resident Cigar Snob

Ross
02-04-2002, 06:53 AM
I'm going to have a custom 'dor built by Bob Staebel, but in meantime I have these: http://users.netonecom.net/~rsfrid/cigars.htm
plus a large Pelican case for loose cigars. Can't wait for my custom temperature controled humidor to get built and delivered :P

The World is full of Apathy and I don't care!!!

MetsFan
02-04-2002, 07:22 AM
Hey Ross, whatcha gonna do with those CigarOasis thingies when you get your new cabinet?

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.

spiridon
02-04-2002, 07:37 AM
My Condolences Hooko. ;) ;) ;)

I stay in a place called "Rooms"....there's a whole chain of them. £

jchamb
02-04-2002, 07:43 AM
I keep saying I'm not gonna buy any more also - so does my wife...

(3 coolers, 4 BIG humidors, 1000+ smokes)

Where does it all end?

raj
02-04-2002, 07:46 AM
Not going to buy anymore? But, are you
going to buy any less?

love_this
02-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Oh shit!

Hmmmm. The only way to get out of this one is to buy your wife something at least as expensive. Give it to her as a gift over dinner at a very nice restaurant. And THEN tell her what you bought. This doesn't always work.

In which case, take the cigars with you when you leave the house cause she's so pissed off. You'll have a few hours to do nothing but smoke ...

Ross
02-04-2002, 11:20 AM
MetsFan - I'll keep one, but the other will up for trade. If interested, ask me about it when I see you next.

The World is full of Apathy and I don't care!!!

sevenmag
02-04-2002, 12:38 PM
I haven't bought any since the end of Nov.
I'm beginning to go a bit nuts.

aywang
02-04-2002, 02:39 PM
started with 50 count hummy 2 years ago; now I have a 200 count desktop hummy, one 75 count hummy, one 50 count hummy, and a IKEA conversion cabinet humidor with a total of well over 400 cigars in my collection.

THIS THING WILL NEVER END AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE ONCE YOU ARE INTRODUCED TO ISOM!!!

now my cabinet humidor's all full and I am thinking building a bigger one!

A box of BPC: $160, A box of RyJ Caz: $180, Tiffany Cutter: $250, Max out my Credit Card Overlimit fee: $25, A night w/ fine Cuban Smoke & Spinning Head: Priceless!

La Bunny
02-04-2002, 09:02 PM
AVAILABLE: Experienced Wife Calmer

For a SMALL FEE, (and the long-distance phone charges of course) I can convince almost any wife to back off on the following hobbies: Micro-Armour/Lead Miniatures Compulsive Computer Upgrading Big Screen TV/Home Theatre Expenditures Cigar Stockpiling/Humidor Expansion

I have done this many times for our friends on the first three topics, and have every reason to believe I can succeed with the "cigar issues" as well.

However, even I cannot overcome the following obstacles: $$ conflict for children's needs. Imminent bankruptcy or foreclosure.

The choice is yours gentlemen. Pay me now, or pay your lawyer later.

jchamb
02-05-2002, 08:32 AM
You could do a booming business here...

weinsur
02-05-2002, 04:53 PM
Just wait until you eclipse the one grand mark in one day, then you'll know you have a problem... ;)