PDA

View Full Version : What is your special occasion smoke?

love_this
01-11-2002, 01:00 PM
When something good happens, what do you smoke?

Right now for me, it'll usually be a VSG. Occasionally an Opus X. Always with a good strong cup of fresh coffee.

:yum: :yum:

Duffer
01-11-2002, 01:03 PM
ISOM..... :D ...anyone of them... :D

DUFFERYo Yo Yo !!!!

Fishin Phil
01-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Whatever looks good in my ISOM box. :^:

iluvcgars
01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Any ISOM, OPUSX, VSG, or PAN/PAM are reserved for special smokes. A CAO Milianium/Oddissy would be in there also.

sd_smoker
01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
I try to save my ISOM's for somewhat special occasions. Either that or OpusX on very special occasions. Always with either Sam Adams or Knobb Creek whiskey.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep little, and smoke cigar after cigar. That's why I am in two-hundred percent form."
- Winston Churchill

TommyBB
01-11-2002, 01:09 PM
It's getting to the point where I smoke so little that everytime I smoke is a special occassion. And I have so many of what I consider to be good cigars.

I guess I'd have to say ISOM, Hemmingway, CAO L'Anniversaire, "It's A Boy" Fuente's.

"You come out of the tunnel. Everyone is screaming. Everyone is going crazy. You can smell the bourbon." LSU QB Rohan Davey on running onto the field in Tiger Stadium

Then you ask yourself, oh sure, but WWTD? WALT!

Edited by - tommybb on 01/11/2002 3:04:24 PM

JGIORD
01-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Something Cuban, either something big (churchill or DC) or a Belicoso\torpedo. :P

Frohlich
01-11-2002, 01:25 PM
My larger ISOMs (Churchill, Dalia, DC). I have quite a few of them but with two young kids I just can't find the time. I usually am smoking ISOM PCs, TPCs, Robustos. :P

spiridon
01-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Any ISOM would be a special occasion for me. I try to keep a couple on hand for "special occasions". :u: :u:

I stay in a place called "Rooms"....there's a whole chain of them.

Park Bear
01-11-2002, 01:51 PM
whatever my next smoke will be :D

PB

George Patton said during World War II, the object of war isn't to die for your country. It is to make sure the other guy dies for his.

love_this
01-11-2002, 01:51 PM
This is interesting. I notice the same cigars showing up. That is, ISOM's in general along with VSGs, Opus, and PAM/PAN.

pcotton3
01-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Usually an ISOM Churchill of some sort.

Sometimes the DRAGON wins!

Trblmkr
01-11-2002, 01:58 PM
For a special occasion it would be Hemingway Maddy, BTL, UTS a very OLD ISOM, Anejo(any of them) and maybe an Opus.

For our Anniversary later this month, I'll be smoking my first BTL :)

"Life is too short to worry about little things..unless someone is stealing your Partagas shorts"

Edited by - Trblmkr on 01/11/2002 3:03:33 PM

Jimdandee
01-11-2002, 02:17 PM
VSG

Smokestack Jack
01-11-2002, 02:43 PM
I have a couple of boxes that I keep cigars from trades and gifts. Those I would consider for special occations. Otherwise it would be a Hemingway, Padron, or CAO. :yum:
Then again, a special occation for me might be the NFL playoffs this weekend!
:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

SSJ...Herfin' in the Heartland

La Bunny
01-11-2002, 03:46 PM
PAN, VSG, CAO, Anni Cammie, LL Reserva Churchill.

For VERY special occasions, a La Aurora Preferidos Perfecto #3. :yum: :yum:

bigbear
01-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Whenever I can get that damned lawnmower to run, it's a special occasion that deserves a Topper Extra Oscuro.

sd_smoker
01-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Whenever I can get that damned lawnmower to run, it's a special occasion that deserves a Topper Extra Oscuro.

Not a bad little smoke, actually! :I :I :I

"I drink a great deal. I sleep little, and smoke cigar after cigar. That's why I am in two-hundred percent form."
- Winston Churchill

Prof2B
01-11-2002, 05:15 PM
This might strike you all as a little strange, but for unexpected special occasions I always find myself reaching for a Hemi Sig. Just a normal Hemi Sig. I think it's because that was the very first primo cigar I ever had, and torching one still brings back all those great memories and feelings. Call me nostalgic, I guess.

The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.

sucol
01-11-2002, 05:42 PM
First off, the Hemi Sig is a great cigar, Prof 2B, and I certainly understand you picking it.

Second, for me, a special occasion calls for THEE cigar - the Cohiba Robusto.

"... smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments of life, and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you." - Sigmund Freud

Las Villas
01-11-2002, 05:45 PM
A ISOM churchill...no preference really anything...if not a nice robusto will also do the trick

"LAS VILLAS"

bigbear
01-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Not a bad little smoke, actually!

I know. I smoke em.

BlueFlamer
01-12-2002, 09:12 AM
PAM "A" was my New Year's smoke. I also have a few Untold Story's and a Diamond Crown Maduro No. 7 waiting for the next special occasions. OpusX Reserve D'Chateau is a nice celebration smoke also, and a friend just gave me a Bahia Diademas that looks like it will take about 2 1/2 hours. I think I need more special occasions!!

Jimdandee
01-12-2002, 10:16 AM
BTW..I mentioned my special cigar was the VSG..did I mention that everyday is a special day..rofl

burny
01-12-2002, 10:52 AM
JimmyD, I was about to comment on that. Considering you used to tear through a box of sorcerer's every week. I usually opt for BBF cuban or Opus Power ranger

Jankjr
01-12-2002, 12:23 PM
PAM Imperial's when I can find them.

Jankjr

fvfanmc
01-12-2002, 02:15 PM
Since I have one of the few boxes left remaining in the world, I save the LL Rosada Churchills for special occassions.

"The Italian Stallion" fvfanmc

BikerJoe
01-13-2002, 12:38 PM
PAM Esplendito, Monti #2 Habana, Sancho Panza Dulcinea Habana.

If I could just hit the Lotto I could smoke them everyday!!!!!!!!!! :yum:

Biker

Natgolfer
01-13-2002, 04:41 PM
ISOM, definitely. I plan on firing up a Trinidad Fundadore when the big "D" is final. :P :P :P

"Love is just the delusion that one woman is different from the others" - H. L. Mencken

Oppie X
01-13-2002, 06:06 PM
Cohiba Esplendidos,Trinidad,Opus PL,VSG Illusion or BTL.

charlieb
01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
I reach into the "special" humi. That's where the goodies are, gathered from trades, passes and single purchases.

LabRat367
01-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Like a lot of folks I build up "special smokes" and usually opt for something else when I should be smoking the good stuff. Lately I been hitting the good stuff hard.(since Sept 11th). I've managed to eat away at the VSG's,Cubans, and Opus pretty heavy. Still like JR Ult Principale X for a sure winner. Time to restock. Still saving a Partagas 150th anni AA for son's sheepskin day. Just last week smoked a Monte #2 DanB sent for winnings from last years Superbowl contest. (it was worth the wait)

JohnVH
01-14-2002, 01:48 AM
The only thing I save for special occasions are BTL's for my birthday. I happened to smoke one on my last B-day and enjoyed it so much, I made a special decree. I also had the day off, so that helped. I hope this year, it isn't a disappointment.

Other than that, special occasion cigars, something that I save up for a certain occasion, are often disappointing to me. Instead, I wait until I'm in the 'mood' for a certain cigar. (maybe that's weird, I don't know) Out of the blue, I might just say to myself, "that WOA maduro (or whatever) you've been stashing away, would be fantastic right now." So, the cigar itself becomes the 'special occasion'. Thanksgiving day, or whatever, I might have been busy and tired and will say "Hmm? This is a 'special day'. I 'should' smoke something special. I'll look over my stash and end up pulling something like an FDA #5. A good smoke, but not something you would call a 'special occasion' cigar. That's how it works for me anyway.

big ben
09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Padron 1964 or 1926 Maduro
La Aurora 100 Anos

MountChuck
09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Like other people have said, PAM and Opus. Anejos I really love. And when I have them, Tatuaje East and West Coast.

PLUSH
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I think I smoke too much to have special occasion cigars. :( I don't I have had that many special occasions to smoke. Since I don't have many ISOM, I would reach for those.

TommyBB
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Damn, look at all our old friends. :(
Natgolfer, BikerJoe, Burny, Jimdandee, Jankjr, Mike,

bsslack
09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow,

That's some serious digging there Big Ben! 8O

Jan '02 to sept '08! 8-)

Mikey ain't around, so how about a nice Aged Connie, because they.......

Cheers, to finely aged threads! :toast:

slack :caribou:

drezcore
09-18-2008, 04:35 AM
A special smoke to me is the the Winston Churchills by Davudoff. If things are looking up and want that iceing on the cake. Or if things are so down and i Need that pick me up.