PDA

View Full Version : Califlower pancakes

fvfanmc
03-27-2016, 08:45 AM
I really miss eating them. My mother and aunt used make them regularly. I haven't had since they passed away.

BigO
03-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Reminds me of Tim Allen's bit about Jello with oysters and onions.

Some of the old country's recipes are better left there.

Did they have trouble getting you to eat your veggies as a kid?

fvfanmc
03-27-2016, 10:09 AM
I had no trouble eating veggies. The pancakes just made the cauliflower go further and feed all of us at a low cost.

SMOKINACTUARY
03-27-2016, 10:16 AM
http://myindiantaste.com/lasuni-gobi-recipe-cauliflower-with-garlic/

You have to try Lasuni Gobi - an indian cauliflower preparation that is simply delicious.

jeepdad
03-27-2016, 10:32 AM
My Bride and me are trying to eat better. We have tried cauliflower mashed potatoes (not bad) and cauliflower dirty rice (delicious). We used chicken andouille sausage with the dirty rice (cauliflower). Pancakes sounds interesting.

http://www.alwaysorderdessert.com/2014/04/cauliflower-dirty-rice-with-andouille.html

BigO
03-27-2016, 12:03 PM
My mother tried everything she had in the arsenal to get us kids to eat veggies. I drew the line on cauliflower. I ate it growing up and, thankfully, I don't ever have to eat it again. That and squash.

Jester
03-27-2016, 12:13 PM
My mother tried everything she had in the arsenal to get us kids to eat veggies. I drew the line on cauliflower. I ate it growing up and, thankfully, I don't ever have to eat it again. That and squash.

If you ever feel like giving it another try Jason, we normally do something like this with it:http://whatscookingamerica.net/Vegetables/CauliflowerRoast.htm

The first time I did it I had purchased two heads in case I messed one up. Spousal unit stood in the kitchen eating the first roasted head while I was prepping and roasting the second. That was all we ate for that particular meal.

It really changes the cauliflower into something much better than what you probably ate as a kid.

Best,
J.

fvfanmc
03-27-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm not a squash fan. In fact I hate squash.

I made the following for lunch today:

Boiled some mini penne. Sautéed some fresh spinach, arugula, basil, garlic, cherry tomatoes and Italian sausage. Once the penne was cooked it was added to spinach mix. Then added some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.

flipflop
03-27-2016, 04:32 PM
And then, I hope, you opened all the windows in anticipation of the coming discharges.

fvfanmc
03-27-2016, 04:50 PM
And then, I hope, you opened all the windows in anticipation of the coming discharges.

My name is not flipflop! :rofl:

BigO
03-28-2016, 03:41 AM
They have been known to call the wind Mariah...that has to be one gifted bitch when it comes to flatulence.

fvfanmc
03-28-2016, 05:29 AM
They have been known to call the wind Mariah...that has to be one gifted bitch when it comes to flatulence.

Now, you know why I don't like Mariah Carey! :lol:

TommyBB
03-28-2016, 08:39 AM
:applause::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OregonDuck
03-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Cauliflower is a mess when boiled. Take a whole head and slice into thick steaks, coat with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast on very high heat until brown edges and it's delicious.

grtrx
03-29-2016, 07:55 AM
cauliflower pancakes make a lot of sense, I will try them.

grtrx
03-29-2016, 07:57 AM
I'm not a squash fan. In fact I hate squash.

I made the following for lunch today:

Boiled some mini penne. Sautéed some fresh spinach, arugula, basil, garlic, cherry tomatoes and Italian sausage. Once the penne was cooked it was added to spinach mix. Then added some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.

you could use cauliflower instead of spinach in this, and it would be good. I would chop it, and use it with the other ingredients, maybe toss in some chicken stock. I would also add pecorino romano to teh sauce to enrich it.

beevod
03-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Cauliflower is a mess when boiled. Take a whole head and slice into thick steaks, coat with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast on very high heat until brown edges and it's delicious.

THIS!!

BigO
03-29-2016, 08:13 AM
It is really funny, but I will east the hell out of a mess of broccoli, but I absolutely hate the taste of cauliflower and they are practically the same damned plant!

beevod
03-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Broccoli (or cauliflower) gently drizzled with olive oil and topped with ground Gouda and baked beans -- heaven.