PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Menu...what's yours?

jeepdad
02-01-2015, 04:17 AM
Just put the brisket on the smoker! I don't really care for either team just hope it's a good game. Although Seattle did knock us (Redskins) out of the playoffs twice in recent (well, close to recent) memory. The line up for today is....

Super Bowl Menu Brisket Tacos
Lumpia w/dips
Fried Pickles
Cheese Fries
Mom's Chex Mix
Onion Dip w/chips
CFA Nugget Tray
Moes Queso Dip
Chocolate Cake
Tea
Diet Coke
Dr Pepper
Diet Dr Pepper
Shiner Bock Beer

carmine7075
02-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Sounds like a great menu and I feel about the same about the game. Here's what we have lined up so far:

Cubano Sandwiches - Tampa style of course
Wings
Chips and dips
Pub Cheeses
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
Snakebites - Harp and homebrew cider
Red Stripe

spiridon
02-01-2015, 05:59 AM
Same as you guys about the teams. I'll be headed up to my local cigar lounge for the game, they are supposed to be putting on a spread. I'm taking some Conecuh sausage along to throw on the grill as my contribution.

jeepdad
02-01-2015, 06:06 AM
Sounds like a nice lineup carmine. I was introduced to cuban sammiches in Tampa years ago at the Little Havana Sandwich shop off of Dale Mabry blvd. Sadly, it is under new ownership now and it isn't the same. Love a Cuban sammich.

spiridon, enjoy your day. I wish I could herf during the game but Momma wouldn't like it.

AKDiscer
02-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Brisket sounds good, I'm jealous over that :(

Not sure what the menu is going to be yet, since we'll be at my B&M, but I know that I'll have at least these:
-Glenlivet 15 year
-Plethora of cigars
-Kentucky Bourbon Ale
-Hot wings

carmine7075
02-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a nice lineup carmine. I was introduced to cuban sammiches in Tampa years ago at the Little Havana Sandwich shop off of Dale Mabry blvd. Sadly, it is under new ownership now and it isn't the same. Love a Cuban sammich.

spiridon, enjoy your day. I wish I could herf during the game but Momma wouldn't like it.

Thanks! That was a good spot. There was another great shop off of Howard Armenia that I don't recall ever having a name on the sign out front.

Sarasota had a great one downtown for years across from the old Maas Brothers, now a Hollywood 20 movie plex. Must be getting old or actually have CCE; I ate there all the time for years and years and can't recall the name . . .

Cuban or Garlic Pork Sandwich pressed, large order of Maduros and Hatuey Beer . . . I remember that.

Sorry for the threadjack . . .

I am jealous of the brisket, sounds great. New addition to lineup

Brats and Spicy Blue Cheese Beef Sausages with sides.

BigO
02-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Maybe some popcorn. Used to enjoy hosting SB parties in NOLA with nice spreads. With just me and the girls anymore, it doesn't have the same appeal. Laundry day doesn't make it any more festive. May order a pizza or Chinese later on. Otherwise, it's some Ancient Age and a fire in the fireplace. Besides, it's decided to rain today and tonight, so what's the point?

Depressing much? My SB parties used to be quite the experience. Deck, hot tub, pond and waterfall and TV out on the deck. Used to fire up the smoker in the middle of the night to make pulled pork and everything.

SmoKerch
02-01-2015, 12:09 PM
We are at home, empty nesters, anticipating latest winter storm.

Maybe a frozen pizza later.

No interest in either team, or SB commercials.

Hoping for a 0 - 0 tie.

KatDad
02-01-2015, 01:35 PM
We are at home, empty nesters, anticipating latest winter storm.

Maybe a frozen pizza later.

No interest in either team, or SB commercials.

Hoping for a 0 - 0 tie.

Close.

We are also at home and empty nesters but escaping most of the winter storm. It's just a gray, overcast day in the upper 20's with the ground warm enough to melt the small amount of snow we got from the extreme southwest edge of the big storm.

The spousal unit who, by the way, has negative interest in football, is trying a new recipe in the crock pot that includes boneless chicken breasts and barbeque sauce. That should be decent as her recipe instincts and tastes are close enough to mine so that most new things she tries are good.

I'm mildly interested in the game and more so in the commercials. also, deflategate has pushed me closer to rooting for the SeaHawks. :dunno:

spiridon
02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Just arrived at Daphne Main St Cigar Lounge, looks like they've got a pretty nice spread...
Assorted hot wings
BBQ ribs on the grill
Jambalaya
Deer sausage
Burgers on the grill
Conecuh sausage on the grill
Veggie platter w/hummus
Gumbo
Pulled pork
Assorted desserts, chips, dips and such.
No excuse to leave here hungry! :-)

Mad Dawg
02-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Baby backs and Double Bastard. Gotta figure our some kinda side, though...:lol:

BigO
02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Baby backs and Double Bastard. Gotta figure our some kinda side, though...:lol:

I dunno, Doug. A couple of sweet potato fries and I think you have this bitch handled. :lol:

spiridon
02-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Good Lord....people are STILL bringing food in!

tchapchap
02-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Beer......

SmoKerch
02-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Beer......

:u: :lol:

I think I'll drink myself under the table.

BigO
02-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Nice competitive game at the half.

BigO
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
I have to admit that haflftime show with Katie Perry on was of the funniest things I have ever watched. Sid and Marty Krofft met modern music.I split my sides I was laughing so hard. My wife sent the girls to bed I was laughing so hard. Singing beach balls, surfboards, sharks and palm trees along with her in a Mondrian-inspired dress? Oh sweet Jesus that was funny. I am still chuckling.

Janet Jackson's tit had nothing on that. The juxtxatapositions were just too freaking funny or anything but deep, Caroll Burnett-style humor. Caroll couldn't have better herself.

I am still giggling my ass off 30 minutes later. You couldn't have done a better self-parody if you had tried your butt off to do so.

SmoKerch
02-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Half time show?

spiridon
02-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Wow, what a game! Lots of food, drinks, cigars......and a great game to boot! :u::u:

AKDiscer
02-01-2015, 09:11 PM
so happy for pats

gumby
02-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Best game I remember. And Hawks showed what thugs they are there at the end.
Hawks gave the SB away. I cannot believe that they called for a pass when NE couldn't have stopped their RB even if they had 20 men on the field. But glad Pats won and Kraft had to be shooting daggers at the commish.
Speaking of, did you hear the boos Roger got?

jeepdad
02-02-2015, 04:52 AM
What an exciting ending to the game. Pete Carroll will never live that call down...nor should he. We had a good time. A couple from across the street came over so we had a fairly low key day. The husband is a brewer and brought his latest concoction of Octoberfest. Except, of course, of all the teenage girls in the house and one teenage boy. They were downstairs in the basement. I don't think they even had the game on downstairs. But they were very loud and having a blast being kids. All in all a good day. The chow was dang good.

flipflop
02-02-2015, 04:58 AM
I have to admit that haflftime show with Katie Perry on was of the funniest things I have ever watched. Sid and Marty Krofft met modern music.I split my sides I was laughing so hard. My wife sent the girls to bed I was laughing so hard. Singing beach balls, surfboards, sharks and palm trees along with her in a Mondrian-inspired dress? Oh sweet Jesus that was funny. I am still chuckling.

You got all of that out of the halftime show? :shock:

Ok. Come clean. What, besides bourbon and beer were you putting in your system? Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

:rofl:

flipflop
02-02-2015, 05:00 AM
As for food and drink, I made...

Colorado White Chili (pork)
Chicken Chipotle Taquitos
Guacamole and Chips

All served with plenty of beer and wine.

TommyBB
02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Maybe some popcorn. Used to enjoy hosting SB parties in NOLA with nice spreads. With just me and the girls anymore, it doesn't have the same appeal. Laundry day doesn't make it any more festive. May order a pizza or Chinese later on. Otherwise, it's some Ancient Age and a fire in the fireplace. Besides, it's decided to rain today and tonight, so what's the point?

Depressing much? My SB parties used to be quite the experience. Deck, hot tub, pond and waterfall and TV out on the deck. Used to fire up the smoker in the middle of the night to make pulled pork and everything.

*SIGH*
I was thinking about your orange glazed chicken wings all day yesterday.

Shit, I went to the gro-sto at 5:00 and listened to the first half on the P.A. and almost had the place to myself.

Ran around the corner to Popeye's at halftime, but we hadn't changed the channel over to the game, yet.

carmine7075
02-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Best game I remember. And Hawks showed what thugs they are there at the end.
Hawks gave the SB away. I cannot believe that they called for a pass when NE couldn't have stopped their RB even if they had 20 men on the field. But glad Pats won and Kraft had to be shooting daggers at the commish.
Speaking of, did you hear the boos Roger got?

I was really disappointed that the Seahawks acted that way at the end. Starting a brawl on a kneel down play, Bush League.

They got the loudest boos I have ever heard on tv for that mess, well deserved.

That last play call was a real head scratcher, but I am really happy for the undrafted free agent rookie kid out of West Alabama who made the play of his life on that ball. That is a great story in and of itself.

I also got a kick out Brady, who has been to six superbowls, jumping up down like a kid and celebrating with his teammates after that play.

Well done Pats.